Favorite piece of Swag

Hello Skycrafters!

Of course, at some point, we are going to have Skycrafters branded swag. But we want to make it nice. Really nice. We thought about all crazy different stuff, but concluded that no one can decide what’s a nice swag better than Skycrafters themselves!

I personally love last year’s AWS Re:invent hoodie!
Sponsor-Pages-reInvent-1

What about you? What’s your favorite piece of Swag that you have ever got?

To be honest I like swag t-shirts a lot but they only have a temp value. Often they have a year or reference to an event in the past which would void their usage over long term. Nobody wants to be seen in VMworld shirt from 2013 today.
A shirt with just a Logo (and a name) I’m happy to wear for long time. Heck I do have a C64 shirt that is still one of my favorites for many years.

Looking forward to Skycrafters swag though. Can’t wait to be in the mall and then somebody recognise the logo and giving me a nod of recognition; We build amazing stuff.

1 Like

I think the coolest ones I’ve seen was the VMUG people and their capes or someone was giving away lightsabers once at a convention. Just wasn’t sure how you get that home on the plane.

Socks also seemed really popular or cool stickers. Everyone wants stickers for their laptops.

1 Like

I think swag can be hugely powerful. The problem though, is that there is a lot of terrible swag, and swag that people don’t really want as much.

Speaking personally, I am bored of branded water bottles, for example. :slight_smile:

I think the key is that swag needs to be practical and useful. One of the best bits of swag I have ever gotten was from my wife’s company, Bitnami:

This was super useful and had the logo. :slight_smile:

Also, I made a video about swag that might be worth checking out:

1 Like

I’m a sucker for socks. And stickers. Socks and stickers, I’m a simple man.

3 Likes

I saw that at the conventions too! Everyone wanted socks. I don’t understand it. :grinning:

1 Like

I’m as simple as you, my friend.

We all need socks, @marykay25! Nobody likes to go out to buy socks so it’s extra nice to use free ones :slight_smile:

I also like books. Every now and then someone gives away a small book, a few chapters from a book or an entire book. I love that!

I’m a big fan of hoodies (because I wear them for everything), but I also like functional swag. Something I can use or that I will use more than on occasion. When I look around at the swag I’ve received in the past, I get the most use out of hoodies and headphones (I got some nice on-ear headphones that I use every day and would be devastated if they died).

2 Likes

Hoodies and T-shirts that are quality make and fit are always nice. Especially when the branding is more minimal.

1 Like

That’s pretty cool! Is it like a name-brand headphone?

I couldn’t agree more here!

They were. One pair that I liked alot was JBL, the second pair was the Bose Soundlink II headphones. Those are my current “daily drivers”.

1 Like

the cloud world and the hoodie world seem quite connected

1 Like

Socks and Hoodies would be my go-to just because I’m a couch potato LOL. Also, portable chargers!

1 Like

I often end up with a lot of little pens, doodads, and dongles that I have to carry around when I’m travelling (remember when that was a thing!)

I’ve always thought a branded organizer for all those little bits would make for great swag. Something like this:

Actually useful day to day, and prompts lots of “oh, that’s great - where did you get it?”

3 Likes

Socks, T-shirts, hoodies and tumblers, I keep forgetting to drink my coffee and it gets cold really fast here in Canada, so those are life-savers, or maybe just coffee-savers? :rofl:

1 Like

Ooooo would love one of those USB powered devices that keep you coffee warm.

2 Likes

I got one of these for christmas a few years ago and it saves my life daily. Always have nice warm coffee and tea.

1 Like