Follow along: My journey on becoming an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner

Hey there, my fellow community members :wave:

This month’s theme of Summer School and skill building has inspired me to work towards becoming an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner. I come from a non-technical background, and it’s finally time to add some technical expertise to my skillset.

I plan to post weekly about my progress, the subjects I’m studying, my successes, and my failures.

I’ve heard recommendations that A Cloud Guru has a great program to help you prepare for the exam so that’s the path I’ll be taking. Have you taken this course? Are there other resources I should leverage? I’d love to hear any tips you may have for me on how to best learn and understand AWS at a high level so I can better interact with more technical cloud practitioners at work and in our community.

With that being said, I’ll see you guys next week with my first status update!

4 Likes

Congrats @amiller ! This is exciting for me because i was in your shoes not too long ago. I do recommend A Cloud Guru for the videos. I was really fond of using Udemy courses. Specifically I like to listen and watch Stephane Maarek course materials.
Here is a link to his class programs: Stephane Maarek | AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner,Solutions Architect,Developer | Best Selling Instructor, Kafka Guru, 9x AWS Certified | Udemy

Good luck with your Journey!!

Thanks for the kind words and sharing some resources @jperkins! Nice to meet somebody who went through what I’m getting started on. Excited to begin this path.

Stay tuned for the updates :slight_smile:

1 Like