One of the goals for our community is to be an inclusive safe space for all, no matter your personal or professional background. As a field, we know that the tech space could benefit from some diversity. Whether that be more people of color, women, or sexual orientation representation, we know that there is room for growth.
For any members of our community who are considered a minority, how do you feel represented in tech? What changes would you like to see made?
For our members in the majority, how have you been an ally to somebody who would be considered a minority?
Some organizations we think are doing great work on this front are:
- Blacks in Tech: https://www.blacksintechnology.net/
- Girls who Code: https://girlswhocode.com/
- Women in Tech: https://women-in-tech.org/
- Code 2040: http://www.code2040.org/
- Techquiera: https://techqueria.org/
What are some organizations you’re currently a part of that you think do good work?